Techincal Problems with Hohner economy stiching machine 24/4

A discusssion on Hohner Stitchers Heads and Parts

Techincal Problems with Hohner economy stiching machine 24/4

Postby andytsen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Hello,
Recently i have been getting problems with my hohner stitching machine.
The first one is that it the flat table keeps moving side ways...im searching for a lock or maybe a screw is missing? can anybody tell me what this problem could be?
second one is the stitching head. my stitching head is so low when i stitch i have to remove it roughly through . I never had this problem before, but the first thing i notice is that the head is very low....even when i do the whole paper setting up thing....sometimes it goes up, like it normally know bet after pressing again it then stays low...can anyone tell me what the problem of this could be?
andytsen

Re: Techincal Problems with Hohner economy stiching machine

Postby Mister J » Wed May 14, 2014 11:21 am

Hi,

With regards to the table, do you have a manual for your 25/40 machine. If not let me know and I will email one to you. The parts for the table are shown at the back of the manual on pages 67 and 71. It sound like something is bent, broken or missing.

With regards to your machine not being able to hold its thickness setting, I would first look at part 3235507 spindle and its interaction with the adjuster wheel. From what you describe the adjusting ring 3235508 the bushing 4400018 or something in this area is loose or incorrect. This will cause the symptoms you have described.

Hope this helps
Mister J

Return to Hohner Stitcher Heads and Parts